Volunteer Applications Now Open!We have a limited number of volunteer slots for energetic, motivated and friendly people. Volunteering is a great way to make new friends and help our convention community grow.
Attendee Volunteer Information
Attendee Volunteers are responsible for fulfilling minor tasks at the event. Sample tasks may include badge checking panel rooms, bag stuffing, or switching out screeners.
Attendee Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Exceptions may be made for those who have a parent or guardian onsite volunteering with them concurrently; those under 18 must have a signed parental consent form and will only be able to volunteer between 8AM and 9:30PM.
Attendee Volunteers who do not fulfill their duties or perform according to our standards will not be allowed to volunteer at future events and in some instances, may be dismissed or ejected from the convention. This includes abandoning post without securing permission from a supervisor, violating policies or displaying poor attitude
- Fill out the online application located here: http://signup.com/go/krakencon. You will be able to select the area in which you’d like to be placed and the shift time and date.
- Kraken Con Senior Staff will review your application. If you’re under 18 you will need to fill out a parental waiver before you will be accepted as a volunteer.
- Orientation meetings will be held in September. Attending one orientation is mandatory for all volunteers. Some sessions may be held online.
- Once the convention begins, you will check in at the volunteer registration desk 10 minutes prior to the start of your shift to receive all necessary volunteer items.
Attendee Volunteer OpportunitiesRegistration
- Check-in attendees with a provided device and distribute badges. Sell badges and handle money. Stuff bags, act as a gopher, organize items. Assist in line formation and direct attendees where to go.
- Monitor panel rooms and ensure only attendees with badges enter. Keep track of panel time and hold up signage as panels are nearing an end. Assist panelists with AV equipment.
Autographs & Hospitality
- Escort presenter to panels, assist at tables as applicable, run errands as needed, ensure autograph line is forming properly and that people are waiting in the correct spot, manage lines, holds end of line sign as necessary, answer questions regarding autograph policies and times.
- Learn the ins and outs of Kraken Con and help attendees find their way or assist with a myriad of questions
- Assist with various special programming at the convention.