And we danced...
Our popular fancy dance is returning: The Atlantis Ball! The Dance will be held Saturday from 7:30 – 10:30 PM and feature amazing views of the bay area from our vantage point on the 21st floor of the Oakland Marriott!
Our dress code is semi-formal. Wear an outfit that is affordable or all-out fancy! Be sure to dress to impress! We want to keep the event traditional and will be enforcing the following rules:
- Slacks, dress pants, business attire type pants, etc
- Button down shirt (short-sleeve is okay!) or blouse
- Skirt or dress (make sure it's no shorter than "fingertip" length). Length may be above the knee, but keep it classy!
- Any shoes (as long it protects the feet for dancing; shoes should be comfortable for safety reasons and for long periods of dance time)
- Cosplays are allowed but required to meet the dress code
Tips for finding an outfit that meets the requirements:
- Outfit previously worn at semi-formal dances such as high school dances or prom. Ask friends if they have a spare outfit that they have worn at a wedding, prom, or any other formal or semi-formal event.
- Go to an affordable shopping store such as Target, Ross, Marshall, etc.
- Find and cosplay a character that meets the formal attire requirements (e.g. Princess Peach is considered formal). Check our Facebook event page (coming soon!) for additional examples!
- Commission someone to create a certain character outfit that follows the policies.
- Rent clothes that meet the requirements.
- Tank tops
- Muscle shirts
- Tube tops
- Crop tops
- Ripped shirts
- Not wearing a shirt
- Athletic pants
- Dresses or skirts that are transparent
- Dresses or skirts that are overly short
- Weapon props
- Oversized wings or other objects that may inhibit movement or visibility
- Bare feet
- Damaged shoes that will most likely tear
- sport-styled masks
Best Dressed Awards!
Two lucky individuals will receive our King and Queen awards and a small prize. So dress to impress! No entry required but you must be present to win as the prize will be given during the Ball.